Anger Management Counseling – Dallas, San Antonio, Houston & Austin, TX
Is Anger Controlling Your Life?
We live in an environment with many frustrations that impact our daily activities. This environment can cause an individual to become chronically irritated. Learning how to control anger will empower you.
Constant anger and hostility will keep your blood pressure high, increase your chances for health problems, destroy your relationships, and fragment your career.
I am a certified counselor providing anger management classes to patients from Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and other parts of the state to solve their anger management problems.
How Do You Manage Anger?
The goal to Dallas anger management counseling is to reduce both your emotional feelings and the physiological arousal that anger causes. Sometimes it is difficult to avoid the things or the people that enrage you, but you can learn to control your reactions.
• Think before you act and take time to stop and cool down when you feel yourself becoming angry.
• Become aware of feelings that lead to angry outbursts. Identify these feelings and develop positive ways to express them.
• Come up with a reasonable explanation of why you are angry. For example, if a person triggers your anger, suggest to yourself that perhaps the person is having an off day.
• Make a conscious decision to focus on the things in your life that make you happy.
• Stay away from situations that trigger your anger.
• Take care of yourself by exercising regularly, eat a balanced diet, do not skip meals, try to get 8 hours of sleep each night, limit your use of alcohol, and do not use illegal drugs.
• Evaluate your lifestyle choices. For example, are you depressed because of the direction your career is heading?
• Utilize “I statements”, instead of “you statements”, to discuss your anger.
• Forgive and forget.
Dallas Counseling Therapy for Anger
My counseling style is a caring, gentle, positive, calm, approach that allows clients who are battling anger to discover solutions and peace. If you are struggling with anger and feel that you have nowhere to turn, please call me so we can talk about an opportunity to change your life.